Although you may want to reduce electricity costs and/or meet sustainability goals with solar, it may not make sense for your organization to do so given physical space available, building and land ownership or financial constraints. In these cases, offsite solar should be considered.
What is Offsite Solar
Unlike onsite solar where the panels are located on your building or property, offsite solar is a large-scale commercial solar installation located in your region, but not on your property. Offsite solar projects are generally structured one of two ways;
- The power generated from the solar panels is directly fed into your facility to offset your electricity consumption from the grid.
- The power is fed into the grid and your business receives a utility bill credit for the power generated.
Benefits of Offsite Solar
- Free of building/land restrictions: The size and design of the solar array can be custom-made to best suit your organization’s needs, rather than limited by your existing site’s specifications and challenges.
- Utility credits for multiple sites: Unlike onsite solar where just that location benefits from the solar generation or bill credits, offsite solar can yield savings benefits for multiple locations within the region.
- Strategy consulting: We work with you to understand your goals and objectives, and help determine if offsite solar makes sense as a part of your energy strategy.
- Feasibility assessment: We assess the feasibility of each option available and provide recommendations on which best achieve your desired results.
- Vendor selection: We will create a Request for Proposal (RFP), review and select installers based on the RFP project specifications.
- Site evaluation: A full evaluation of location conditions will be conducted to determine optimal solar panel placement.
- Construction and design: In conjunction with the selected vendor, we will work with you on the design, layout and materials/equipment used for the project.
- Solar impact analysis: We will provide you an Impact Analysis Report comparing past usage to future state with the new system.
- Cash flow analysis: We will provide you a Cash Flow Analysis report showing the impact of solar on your organization’s bottom line.
Why Choose Premier Power Solutions
- Decades of experience developing and executing multi-faceted energy strategies aimed at maximizing savings and mitigating budget risks
- Premier Power Solutions is part of the NextEra Energy family of companies. NextEra Energy, Inc., is a Fortune 200 company, and the world’s largest generator of energy from the wind and sun, with 21,000 MW of net generating capacity as of 2018
- Premier Power Solutions, as part of NextEra Energy, Inc, is uniquely positioned to analyze, facilitate and execute on your offsite solar project and ensure it is a cohesive fit with your overall energy strategy.
To find out if your organization is a good candidate for offsite solar, talk with a Premier Power Solutions’ energy consultant today.Let’s get stared.