Have you had your utility bills analyzed for inaccuracies?
It is not uncommon to have incorrect sales tax or supplier pass-through charges on your utility bills, or be assigned an incorrect rate code from your utility – and any one of these could be costing your company thousands of dollars each year.
A Premier Power Solutions Utility Bill Review will verify the following:
- Rate codes – confirm current billed rate code matches company size
- Sales tax – confirm charges and regulations in your company’s geographic area to verify correct charges are being applied
- Supplier pass-through charges – confirm supplier charges are correct given geographical area, supplier and energy contract terms
Uncover Energy Savings in 3 Simple Steps:
- Complete the form at right to request your Utility Bill Review.
- A Premier Power Solutions energy consultant will review your utility bills and identify any discrepancies.
- Should an error be discovered, we will then work with your local utility and/or supplier to correct the issues. Any savings identified will be shared between Premier Power Solutions and your organization – there are no upfront cost obligations.
Pennsylvania Department of Revenue Audit
When an entity is being audited by the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue for sales and use taxes, one area of interest is the percentage of utility consumption that is exempt from sales and use tax.
Typically, any electricity or natural gas that is used directly in a manufacturing or production process is exempt from sales and use tax. In order to substantiate the claimed exemption, the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue requires entities to submit a study detailing the amount of electricity and natural gas utilized in the manufacturing or production process.
Premier Power Solutions can provide sales and use tax exemption studies that are in the proper form as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue to maximize and substantiate the claim of exempt utility usage for both electricity and natural gas.
For entities that are not currently under audit by the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue: Even if an entity is not being audited by the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue, a study can be performed to help the entity maximize the amount of the exemption that is currently being claimed. These studies are also useful to let the customer know if they are claiming the proper percentage of exemption related to exempt utility usage. If it is determined that an entity has been overpaying sales tax, a refund of the overpaid sales tax can be claimed related to any over payments made within the past 36 months.